Sunday, October 10, 2010

8 month update


Weight: 22.9 lbs

Length: 28.5 inches. I don't think I'm shrinking. I just think the nurse did a terrible job of measuring me at 6 months.

Visitors: Auntie Andra came last weekend for a little pumpkin action.

Sleeping patterns: Bed time has been moved up to around 8:30 pm on most nights and I will sleep until around 7 am. I sleep through almost every night, with some exceptions like last week when we had to have play time at 1:30 am.

My Likes: I like to do a lot of gross things right now - Drinking the water in the tub when I'm taking a bath, putting mommy and daddy's shoes in my mouth and chewing on the corner of the diaper box (proof in the picture above). Mommy also took me to Gymboree for the first time today and I had lots of fun playing on all the toys and having bubbles blown at me. Although I don't use the paci very much anymore, I do love to suck my thumb with something in my other hand (mommy's shirt, a blanket, a piece of paper). My favorite toy is probably the real remote control (minus batteries) that mommy & daddy gave me when they got tired of me changing the channels. I have also been tipping my head to the side recently, like I've got to get a different angle to figure something out.

My Dislikes: When mommy takes the magazine paper out of my hand that I'm trying to eat. When dinner time is over, I get fussy for a bit.

Other milestones: I've been eating some "adult" food like cheese and Ritz crackers. I also ate some avocado at a sushi restaurant, which I hated the first time mommy tried to feed it to me. I like sharing bananas with mommy too - she eats a bite, and then I get a bite. I'm pretty good at listening too - I know what "no" means, and I usually crawl to mommy or daddy when they ask me to. I haven't started walking yet, but I did "creep" from one thing to the other and if I'm holding mommy's hands I take these big, goofy steps like I'm in a marching band.

Trips: No big trips on planes this month. My next plane ride will be to Milwaukee for Christmas.

Looking forward to in the next month: Grandma Honey coming next weekend, Jenna the weekend after that and then Halloween. I have two costumes all ready to go! My swim classes start at the Y at the end of the month. Will mommy dunk me under?

No comments:

Post a Comment